Thin films can be characterized from different aspects. The below listed applications can provide simple and clear information about the wide range of thin film classification.
- Optical, electronic and energy applications: solar cell materials, thermochromic and electrochromic materials, nanocrystalline films. Thin films and doped layers. Study of temperature-dependent optical phase transitions.
- Bio-ellipsometry: biosensor based on measuring the phase shift and Mueller matrix of monomolecular coatings. Anisotropic materials inspired by nature. Total internal reflection ellipsometry. Study of solid-liquid interfaces.
- Real-time ellipsometry: measurement in situ during vacuum chamber deposition cycles.
- Graphene and novel 2D and 3D materials. Characterization of plasmonic response of patterned surfaces. Specular, and oblique angle scatterometry.
- High accuracy determination of optical functions (refractive index, absorption) versus wavelength.